Monday, March 11, 2013

Silhouettes


One thing i really like to do with my photos is use the sun as a tool. I like to find objects that block out the light, leaving only a silhouette. I think this is important because a silhouette is the simplest form of an object that allows you to pay attention to the outline for what it is. For example, this tree. I love this photo because each and every branch is clear and defined, but since the tree appears as a solid figure, it takes out the element of texture.

If this was just a photo of the tree, you would have many variables to pay attention to. Instead of admiring the shape, you might get caught in the detail of the bark, or the hues of green in the leaves, but the outline eliminates those factors. the detail is there, but it is different.

 I find myself getting caught up in the details when sometimes the best thing to do is take a step back and admire what i have for its simplest form, its silhouette if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment