Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wishes


This is one of my favorite photos that I've taken and seeing as this is a blog about photography, i shall explain why!

so this was taken in a little town right near my house called Peddlers Village, which is just the epitome of the area i live in. It has tiny expensive ma and pop shops that are so fun to spend all day in, cute well kept walk ways, alll kinds of Christmas lights in the winter, and quaint little boutiques. There is even a little stream that runs through the village, fully equip with a giant water wheel and all. anyways, this is a picture i snapped in the fall, and i love the juxtaposition of the leaves and the bottom of the stream.

What i love the most about this photo is that there is that one shinny penny, but if you look close enough you'll notice that the bottom the stream is made mostly of old pennies. I like to think that each penny represents a persons wish, and it a comforting feeling to know that they are still there. I guess its an indirect reminder that you have to hold onto those wishes, and times change, but you still should always have something to reach for. I like to print out pictures of places i want to be and keep them near my desk to act as inspiration!

Its always nice to know you're working towards an achievable goal, and that one day your work will pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment