Saturday, February 9, 2013

Plans



I was talking with my dad one night and he said to me "Emily, don't worry about your future. The plans you have for the future are going to change, but it'll be for the better."

This time in our lives is such a pivotal time. its like everything that we have done up until now has been practice for the real world. When i was in high school and everyone would say 'real world' i would scoff and brush it of because it was clear that i was in the real world at that moment. And i was, but without consequence. I think that's the only really big difference between then and now- Im on my own watch. I have to choose the profession i want to spend the better part of my life doing now which is kind of a big deal. I know there is always the option to change later in life, but im spending all this money and acquiring all of this debt, so i want to make something out of it.

The people i meet now in life are the people i feel that i will be able to keep in contact with for a long time. and the people that i want to stay in contact with, which is a big deal.

The future is a big unknown, and that's why its intriguing but also terrifying at the same time. I know i have no idea what to expect, which can be unsettling, but i know if i surround myself with good friends and my family, ill have all the support ill need to get through whatever life throws at me!

I like the mystery in this photo. like you know its a railroad track, and you know that it keeps going, but you don't know where it goes, or even for how long. kind of like your future.... whoa, getting alittle deep there.

That's all for today, thanks for your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment